We have an extensive practice providing a full range of service including:
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Coronor's Enquiry
- Insurance & Personal Injury
- Intellectual Property
- Probate & Family
- Shipping & International Trade
ARBITRATION & MEDIATION
Several of our directors are chartered arbitrators and mediators and are appointed to the panels for several local and international arbitration and mediation bodies / institutions.
We act for traditional lenders such as banks and lending institutions, to other financial service providers, such as equipment lessors, insurance and trust companies, as well as for our corporate and individual clients who are borrowers or otherwise need to deal with credit or security matters in the course of their business.
Our banking lawyers deal with such matters as:
- Operating and term loan facilities
- Acquisition, development and permanent financing for commercial and residential real estate projects
- Project Financing
- Trade Financing
- Corporate Governance
- Regulatory and compliance matters
- Equipment leasing and financing
- Guarantees and security on real and personal property for debt obligations
- Private placements of debt
- Renegotiation and restructuring of debt
- Letters of credit and other aspects of import/export financing
- Preparation or review of forms of credit documents to be used in a client's business
- Asset and mortgage-backed securitizations
- Priority and subordination agreements
CIVIL & COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
A key component of any successful litigation practice is the ability to help clients solve legal disputes efficiently. Our lawyers are not only skilled litigation counsel, we are also experienced negotiators.
Where possible, we believe in resolving disputes through negotiation or by using available alternatives such as mediation or arbitration.
Our clients also appreciate our ability to effectively manage legal costs in a dispute.
At the outset of every engagement, we take time to examine your goals, strategy, options and fees, so that you are not taken by surprise.
Our dispute resolution practice encompasses the negotiation, mediation, arbitration, immigration, statutory offences, trial and appeal of the entire spectrum of claims relating to commercial and civil disputes.
CORPORATE & COMMERCIAL LAW
Whether your business is at an early startup stage or you are a mature company looking to grow through alliances and joint ventures or acquisitions, our lawyers are ideally placed to ensure that your legal position is protected in all your business transactions.
Several of our lawyers are also independent directors of companies and had also managed business from a local scale to international listed companies.
We can advise you and help you with the draft of all kinds of commercial contracts including contracts relating to partnership, purchase and supply, agency and distribution, franchise, logistics and warehousing, facilities management, management arrangements, commercial outsourcing, mergers & acquisitions, jjoint ventures, partnerships and strategic alliances.
Our lawyers provide assistance for a range of commercial law matters, including:
- Merger & Acquisitions and International & Local Joint Ventures
- Purchase and Sale of Business
- Due Diligence and Corporate Structuring / Re-structuring and Corporate goverance
- Company Incorporation and Corporate Secretarial Services
- Commercial agreements including joint ventures, partnership agreements, shareholders agreements
- Banking Loans and Security Documentation, including guarantees, charges and assignments
- Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate compliance and directors liabilities
- Advice on the protection of commercial assets, including insurance and IP protection
- Franchising and risk management matter
We subscribe to the tenet that every accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law in a fair trial, and is entitled to legal representation.
Our criminal law practice focuses on a whole spectrum of criminal defence advisory and representation for offences ranging from theft and domestic abuse to drug trafficking and white collar crimes.
Our criminal lawyers participate actively in the Law Society Criminal Legal Aid scheme (CLAS), Criminal Law Revision Committees and court assigned criminal cases.
Our Specialisation lies in Offences under the White Collar crimes (such as corruption and cheating case) and also Penal Code Offences, Drug Offences, Immigration Offences, Mitigation Pleas and Written Representations.
Our expertise in this area include indepth knowledge of the Employment Act, the CPF Rules relating to Employers and Employees, Work Injury Compensation Act, the Factories Act and related legislations and also industrial disputes and actions.
Our lawyers are experienced in handling:
- Litigation including wrongful dismissal actions and restraint of trade clauses
- Claims under the Employment Act, Work Injury Compensation Act and related statutory provisions
- Advice on aspects of the main obligations, or terms of non-union employment relationships
- Advisory & Representations in industrial and trade disputes
- Drafting and advice on written contracts of non-solicitation and non-competition clauses
- Severance and Golden parachute compensation plans and arbitration clauses
INSURANCE, PERSONAL INJURIES & WORK PLACE INJURIES CLAIM
Our lawyers are involved in all aspects of personal injuries claims and works place injury claims and insurance claims including:
- Traffic Accident
- Work Place Accident / Industrial Accidents
- General Accident claim
- Insurance related claim
- Medical Neligence
- Occupiers Liability
- Sports related accidents
- General Insurance claims
Several of the land mark decisions in Singapore relating to these areas of practice was argued by our directors at the High Court and the Court of Appeal levels.
We also advise on terms contained in insurance policies
We advise and represent client in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matter.
Our services include:
- Advise, drafting and filing of Trade Mark applications
- Representing clients in trade mark and copyright disputes, including infringement matters
- Drafting of Agreements relating to Intellectual Property matters
PROBATE & MATRIMONIAL & ADOPTION
We advise and manage contentious and non-contentious Probate & Letters of Administration matters and also Divorce proceedings, including acrimonious divorce, custody disputes, asset tracing, division of assets & matrimonial assets and maintenance for the wife and children, at all stages of the proceedings.
We are one of the few boutique practices that deploy cutting edge technology such as the Justice Online Video Conferencing system for pre-trial applications at the Family Court. This enables us to be more efficient translating to cost savings for our clients.
Scope of areas:
- Wills (Simple & Complex)
- Trust Deeds
- Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration
- Resealing Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration
- Presumption of Death
- Mental Capacity Act (Appointment of Deputy)
Matrimonial & Adoption:
- Divorces (Adultery, Unreasonable Behaviour, Desertion, Separation)
- Annulment / Nullity
- Deed of Separation
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Custody issues
- Enforcement / Variation of Maintenance
- Injunctions (freeze or pervent dissipating of assets)
- Protection Orders
- Maintenance Summons Orders
Our property lawyers understand that your property is a significant asset. Our clients include first home buyers, investors, banks and financial institutions, property developers, real estate professionals and corporations. Our expertise in this area include -
- Preparation of options and contracts for sale
- Reviewing contracts if you are thinking of buying a property
- CPF Transactions
- Sale, Purchase and Refinancing of HDB Flats
- Commercial, Industrial & Retail Shop Leasing
- Housing Loans and Mortgages
- Loan Refinancing
- En-bloc Property Transactions
- Acting for Developer in Residential and Retail/Commercial Projects
- Sale of Business and Corporate structuring
Our lawyers have vast experiences in Shipping and International Trade matters including:
- Arrests of Vessels
- Charterparty Disputes
- Cross Borders Trade & International Trade Disputes especially in the food & beverage, health-care, logistics, shipping & energy and oil & gas markets
- Setting up and advisory work for the management of shared-services centre
- International Arbitration and Mediation Work